WELCOME TO OCCIDENTAL COLLEGE SPORTS MEDICINE!
The health and safety of the student athlete is essential for a successful and positive experience in athletic participation. The care of our student athletes is a collective effort of the administration, sports medicine team, coaches, first responders, and athletes. Our team is dedicated to supporting the mission, goals and objectives of Occidental College, the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
The Sports Medicine Staff provides care for intercollegiate Occidental College student-athletes. These services include injury prevention, recognition, evaluation and management, medical referrals, rehabilitation, reconditioning, emergency care and first-aid. While visiting Occidental College for competition, certified athletic trainers will extend their care to visiting teams competing in intercollegiate events.
OCCIDENTAL COLLEGE SPORTS MEDICINE MISSION STATEMENT
The Occidental College Sports Medicine staff strives to provide the highest level of medical care for our student-athletes to ensure a quick, yet safe, return to athletic activity. To acheive this goal, we act to:
- create an exceptional experience for Oxy student-athletes by treating them with a high level of respect and “authoritative customer service”,
- create and coordinate programs of prevention, evaluation and treatment of injuries and illnesses to the best of our abilities,
- communicate effectively and consistently with student-athletes, coaches, administrators, and health care professionals,
- advocate for the health care of student-athletes, and
- improve our knowledge and skills through continuing education opportunities.