- The Occidental College Sports Medicine Department supports the NCAA in its commitment to the prevention, identification, evaluation and management of concussion. All intercollegiate student-athletes are required to sign an athlete concussion and injury statement accepting the responsibility for reporting any injury and/or illness they sustain, including signs and symptoms of concussion. Every individual participating as a coach for any of the 21 varsity sports are also required to sign a coaches’ statement acknowledging their responsibility for the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Occidental athletics follow a strict physician directed concussion management plan when there is suspicion of head injury. This plan has been developed by Occidental College's Sports Medicine Department in accordance to NCAA concussion management recommendations.
The following information is intended for educational purposes only. Any person that sustains a blow to the head or suspects head injury should immediately seek medical attention.
Further information regarding concussion awareness:
- NCAA Concussion Fact Sheet for Athletes
- NCAA Concussion Fact Sheet for Coaches
- ImPACT Baseline Testing Instructions
- Concussion Prevention and Concussion Signs & Symptoms
- Concussion Home Care Instructions