W.C. Patterson Field was originally constructed in 1916. It is the oldest college football stadium in the city of Los Angeles. In 1982 the stands were rebuilt and they currently seat 4,000 fans. The field was then renovated 2001 and named for W. C. Patterson. Another series of changes took place in 2005 when FieldTurf was installed, replacing the natural grass that lined the field. During the summer of 2010 the FieldTurf was upgraded. Patterson Field has been home to the Tigers’ football program since 1916 and now serves as the home field for the women’s lacrosse program. Both men’s and women’s soccer teams play a number of games on the turf during the course of their respective seasons as well.