Bill Anderson arrived on the Occidental campus as an athletic trainer in the fall of 1924, seven years removed from his playing days as an all-star halfback at the University of Illinois. He coached baseball at Oxy for 30 years, including his work during the 1920s assisting Wilkie Clark, before becoming the Tigers’ head coach in 1930. At the freshman and varsity level, he won more championships—baseball, basketball, and football—than any coach in Oxy history. His baseball squads notched 10 titles, with the 1932, ’34, ’52, and ’54 teams going undefeated in league play. He coached the only two pitchers (Dick Sovde ’56 and Frank Bennett ’54) to throw no-hitters in the same season (1954), and his last four teams (1951-54) won consecutive SCIAC titles. Anderson Field, the Tigers’ baseball home since 1950, is named in his honor. He died in 1969.