Logo Link
Header Background
Title Link OXYATHLETICS

Oxy Men's XC 2nd at SCIAC Multi Dual

Oxy Men's XC 2nd at SCIAC Multi Dual

Photo by samsphotservices.com

LA MIRADAAustin Sankaran finished fourth overall with a time of 25:57.17 as the Occidental men's cross country team took second place at the SCIAC Multi Dual at La Mirada Park on Friday.

The men from Pomona-Pitzer took first as a group. The Tigers beat No. 19 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps along with the rest of a competitive SCIAC field.

"The men had a largely positive meet highlighted individually by the performance of Austin Sankaran who had the best collegiate cross country meet of his career on the toughest course we run all year," Oxy head coach Rob Bartlett said. "Further back, Tristan Santos had his best ever SCIAC race and took a nice step forward. Andrew Jack and Riley Kicker also had outstanding performances showing incredible grit and toughness today."

Keenan Leary was Oxy's second-best finisher in seventh place at 26:04.20, Brody Barkan finished 14th at 26:33.74, Tristan Santos was 15th at 26:34.27 and Jovani Barajas rounded out Oxy' scorers in 19th at 27:01.

SCIAC Scoring: The SCIAC Multi Dual accounts for 25 percent of the overall conference finish. The remaining 75 percent is determined at the SCIAC Championship Meet.

The Tigers are back in action at the Pomona-Pitzer Invite and the Cowbell Classic at Principia College on Oct. 14. Oxy's next conference competition is the SCIAC Championship race on Oct. 29.

Follow Oxy Athletics on Twitter
Sign Up for Newsletters
Watch on Youtube
Follow us on Instagram