Oxy 4x100m Runs Fastest Time in Nation

Oxy 4x100m Runs Fastest Time in Nation

LOS ANGELES — The Occidental track and field teams competed in their third of three SCIAC Multi-Dual meets on Saturday, hosted by Cal Lutheran at Jack Kemp Stadium.

The Oxy men went 2-1 with wins over Redlands and Cal Lutheran, and a loss to Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.

SCIAC Multi Dual 3 Scores:

Oxy 115, Cal Lutheran 47

Oxy 88, Redlands 75

CMS 88, Oxy 75

Hugh Pegan, the defending national champion in the 200m, won the 200m in a seasonal best 21.55 for the third best time in NCAA Division III so far this season. Pegan also finished second in the 100m at 10.93, and ran a leg on both Oxy's winning relays.

Oxy's 4x100m team of Pegan, Jeh Johnson, Kyle Dalton and Keane Collins ran 41.21 for the fastest time in the country so far this year. 

The Oxy 4x400m team of Pegan, Gabriel Barrett-Jackson, Dalton and Johnson went 3:17.48 for the eighth best in the country.

Barrett-Jackson and Johnson also went 1-2 in the 400m. Barrett-Jackson took first at 48.80 and Johnson ran 49.09.

Johnson finished second to Pegan in the 200m at 21.70.

In the field events, the Tigers had three second place finishes. Austin DeWitz cleared 6-06.75, Chris Rom-Toribio had a best of 21-10.50 in the long jump and Zach Greenleaf cleared 14-06 in the pole vault.

Season Impact: The Tigers will head into the SCIAC Championships in a three-way tie for first place at 7-1.

The dual meet season accounts for 25 percent of the final SCIAC standing with the remaining 75 percent determined at the SCIAC Championship.

Next Meet: The Oxy track teams have next weekend off and then are back in action at the SCIAC Championship meet on April 28-29.

Follow Oxy Athletics on Twitter
Sign Up for Newsletters
Watch on Youtube
Follow us on Instagram